Saturday 22 January 2011

slacker




Slacker portrayed life in Texas as very slow and strange. I found some of the conversations really interesting, like the one about space, smurfs and some others. I really liked this 60’s world, everyone laid back and free. I also enjoy how the movie is filmed, cutting through different stories as people walk pass. It makes it seem like everyone that passes you has some sort of importance. Sometimes because of the slow-paced atmosphere, my mind would drift off but I’m guessing this was the directors intention, showing how life really is, not a conventional ’movie’ with the main protagonist and antagonist. I don’t think I wouldn’t actually pay to watch this movie, I would probably watch it if it was on TV on a Sunday afternoon. The 60’s street fashion is something which kept me amused, I just loved more or less all of the different costumes each of the characters was wearing as well as the run down quiet area the movie is set in. I’m actually in love with the whole vintage lifestyle, so simple and so free.

No comments:

Post a Comment