Saturday 22 January 2011

book project

I didn't do as much work as i wanted to in this project as i got a job as an christmas temp at game and that was my priority as i was saving up for a canon 550d.
I wasn't that happy with my book which would have been obvious because i didn't spend very long on it, i will re-do it when i have some spare time.

I first started thinking about 'a paranoid' book', and had an idea of using security camera's, because of the way they are so public showing its audience that people in that building are paranoid of their belongings.





I then thought of using flies, as of having 'a fly on a wall' being a very discrete way of something looking over at you. I thought of developing these two ideas further and then created this.

It's a fly with security cameras in its eyes, but i wasn't sure how i was going to produce this as a book, so this idea finished at this.


I then decided to change the idea of a 'book' and deconstructed an old book of mine. I really liked this design, and thought it could be a lamp shade of some sort, but still was unsure about how the idea will go further, so i started a new idea.

I then scrapped the idea of a paranoid book, and decided to choose a book of very little/a book that’s isn’t there. I thought acetate pages, would be good as showing a book that’s not really there. I thought of adding little things such as plants bits and snippets from the beginning of ‘the curse’. I liked the contrast between these two aspects.

Max then advised me to add evidence items, instead of words and leaves, so I added lipstick marks, a hard eaten chocolate, a train ticket and a plaster with blood on it to give a sense of evidence from a crime scene.

I didn’t get any sold : ( but I knew I wouldn’t because I didn’t spend very long on it and I wouldn’t personally pay for it myself.

But it was an overall good experience, I need to stop leaving things to last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment